Friday, September 11, 2009

Broccoli with Garlic

I was a bit hesitant about this recipe (p.100) because it just sounded greasy. But surprisingly it was really good. I read some reviews on the Food Network website and lots of people had added 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the oil before drizzling over the broccoli. That made a huge difference in flavor. I would strongly recommend to do that. It doesn't taste like Chinese food, just has more depth to the flavor. My taste testers (my parents and Adam) were split, some gave it an 8 and the other gave it a 10. I would make it again because of the ease of the recipe, it is fast to throw together, and tastes good at room temperature...be sure you don't overcook the broccoli. I made a 1/2 recipe of the garlic oil, and then just used 1/4 cup like the recipe asks for, but then added the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce just before tossing it all together.

---Carissa

2 comments:

Carissa said...

I just made a a regular old dinner salad and drizzled some leftover "sauce" from this broccoil recipe as salad dressing...YUMMO!! It has a great roasted garlic flavor with a touch of soy sauce. It really was a great dressing, tasted very fancy!

Sheila said...

great idea!