Monday, September 14, 2009

An Hour with Ina

I just spent an hour with Ina (after the rest of my household had gone to bed), salivating over the reciepes and gorgeous photography in her book. I too am planning to tackle the lemon chicken as my first prepared dish tomorrow, but I am nixing the sauce. See, since taking on this project I have also taken on a new situation in which advised by my doctors, in order to manage my ever increasing migraines, I am to cut out, COLD TURKEY, all starches and sugar -- two loves of my life! : ) I will be taking injections of a new medicine for the next 40 days that will inhibit my foodie freedom; but, my plan is to cook "as if"... as if I can have it all, albeit pawning the good stuff off to my family while I indulge in the simple proteins and good veggies. That said, I am excited about the challenge and the creativity I will have to bring to the reciepes to make them my own. Honoring Ina of course! If you read the forward and Ina's intro (which I encourage you to do!), you will quickly realize that her cooking philosophy is about simplicity and making it work for you and your family! So let's get cookin' girls and see what'll work for us! : ) I'll let you know how my lemon chicken compares with Amy's.... Goodnight/ Good morning!

-Sheila

No comments: