Sunday, November 1, 2009

Grilled Salmon Salad With Chicken

My husband grilled some chicken breasts so I used the leftovers to make the grilled salmon salad without salmon. We enjoyed it and it would probably be very good with salmon. I made the full recipe and in keeping with Ina's way, it made a lot. We have had it off and on for lunch or dinner for 4 days. It is good cold, I'm just not sure that salmon would be as good as chicken 4 days later. Also, I somehow didn't come home from the grocery store with the capers (I wonder what else I left) so I finely chopped some green olives for a little salty flavor. The recipe calls for raspberry vinegar, I found "raspberry french wine vinegar" at HEB which seemed to work well. The onion flavor was a bit strong, so next time I will use a little less but on the whole, we liked this recipe and when your husband does the grilling it comes together really quickly!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

This was one of my favorite recipes that I have made of Ina's. I made it with the Salmon and it was great, I love the idea of subbing in chicken...might have to try that.