Tuesday, November 17, 2009

White Bean Soup

I forgot the rosemary and it still came out fine, I just added some dried Thyme instead. This soup was good, but I did a few changes to make it that way...first I never found dried cannellini beans beans...so I bought them canned. I discovered that I wasn't that crazy about the texture, they are basically white kidney beans which have a dried texture, not a buttery one like a navy bean. Julia was smart to use navy beans.

So, I used my emulsion blender (see below)and pureed all the cannellini beans, then added canned white navy beans. This gave it a better texture. It would be a fast "pantry meal" as I like to call it since you could keep everything on hand in the pantry. I will definitely make it again with all navy beans though. It keeps for a bit in the fridge too...I just ate my last bowl for lunch, and I think it was been in the fridge for 5 days or so!
--Carissa



No comments: