Sunday, November 8, 2009

Banana Crunch Muffins

I finally made the Banana Crunch Muffins.  After all the rave reviews, I had been planning on making these for a few weeks, but I finally got my act together and made them this weekend.  Based on some of your suggestions, I halved the recipe, I used half regular flour and half whole wheat flour, and I decreased the sugar by 25%.  I topped half of the muffins with shredded, sweetend coconut, and the other half with granola. 

Here they are ready to go into the oven.



And here they are after baking. 



These turned out wonderful; they taste a lot like banana bread, but are more interesting with the different textures and toppings.  Making half a recipe turned out perfect; it ended up making 12 normal sized muffins, which is plenty for us. This recipe is definitely a keeper. 

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I'm still eating on the huge stash in my freezer of mine. Yum!!
I got back in town several days ago, so hopefully I will get back into cooking next week. I missed you girls! :)