Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guacamole

(Yes, this is 3 posts in one day... so I'm behind...)

Long, long ago I wrote "tahini" on my grocery list (see hummus, for those of you who, like me, have not yet ventured beyond the safety of the more familiar), but I have yet to make the trek to Phoenicia or convince myself that $8 on a jar of the sesame puree was worth it... So I opted this week to go for an appetizer that I was willing to buy the ingredients for: guacamole!

I usually like my guacamole smashed up to smithereens, but, in keeping with the "try something new idea" of this cookbook, I kept large chunks of the avacado. I halved the recipe, and I think I might've added a little too much lemon. I did use freshly squeezed lemon juice, so maybe that just made the flavor stronger. The tabasco gives it an interesting flavor... I think I'm more of a traditional guac person, but it was good. I took it to Bible study and it disappeared.


Oh - and, it's gluten free!

No comments: