Monday, November 9, 2009

Peach and Raspberry Crisp

For dessert on Sunday I wanted to make the peach and raspberry crisp, but Ina says that you can make it with any fruit that is in season. When Phil and I were at the market he helped me to pick out the fruit; he chose Fuji apples, raspberries, and blackberries. We loved the culinary freedom with this dish. The apples were so huge that we only needed 3 for 3 lbs of apples! Since I didn’t have a pan as large as the recipe called for I halved the amount of fruit, but accidentally forgot to half all of the other ingredients. I didn’t really mind this though because the topping is my favorite part. I think that next time I will add a little bit of cinnamon to the topping though. I omitted the orange zest and simply used a rectangular pyrex pan. I loved the sweet aroma of the freshly harvested apples while the crisp was baking; yum-o! We had this crisp after dinner with some delicious double vanilla ice cream on top.

Fruit Crisp pp.190

No comments: