Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Amazing Orange Yogurt

This was SO fun to make. But the trick here is that you need to use cheesecloth in the strainer to put your yogurt in. Evidently that is very important. I know Carissa tried it without the cheesecloth and did not get much water extracted. However, when I tried it with the cheesecloth, I extracted a good cup of liquid---so much, in fact, that I could pick the yogurt up with my hands! It was like holding barely soft butter. If my husband had of been home, I would have got him to take a picture of me holding the yogurt, it was so interesting!



I added 1 cup orange juice and the zest and honey to my stiff yogurt—which put it back to the consistancy of the original yogurt. I later wished I had only added ½ cup juice, just to have a firmer yogurt. But it was very tasty. I used the yogurt I made as a topping on a peach crisp, and it was delicious. The rest I ate for breakfast with some granola.
I love this idea with yogurt and will make it often I think.

No comments: