Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I have never really been that crazy about brussel sprouts, but I figured this whole cook a book thing is all about getting out of my box...so I did. I had so much confidence that I bought the huge container of them from Cosco!
The result.....
I loved them...which is a good thing cuz I have alot more in the fridge.
The kids wouldn't touch them...I actually had to threaten spankings to get them to eat one tiny bite!...the husband ate one and then put the rest of his on my plate! I told him he was being a bad example for the kids, but that didn't make him budge!
Since I have so many more of these little guys, I got creative, I quartered them and then drizzled them with olive oil and salt and pepper, then threw them raw in a salad today for lunch. I know sounds weird, but it was really good! So the verdict...I will buy them in small quantities from now on and just make them for me!

--Carissa

No comments: