Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Outrageous Brownies

And they were! Of course, I substituted a bit with ingredients I already had.

I used Milk Chocolate chips instead of semi sweet choc chips
I used 4 ounces semi sweet choc and 2 ounces unsweetened instead of 6 ounces unsweetened
I also put 1 extra tablespoon of vanilla in (because we like it!)
Here is my makeshift double boiler filled with 1 pound of butter and the chocolate! It took a while to melt it all.

All in all the techniques were pretty easy. It took a bit more time than I had anticipated.
I don't have a picture of the finished product, because they burned! This was the first baked good I cooked in my new oven and I only cooked the brownies for 20 minutes and they burned. Well, the bottoms burned. My family said they still tasted good, they still had a good consistency (almost like a cake brownie).
My hubby said he liked them but he still preferred our Hershey's box brownies from SAMS :)

No comments: