Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pecan Squares

I just couldn't get over using 2+ pounds of butter for anything. So I only made half a batch and it was still a lot of butter, and a lot of pecans.


I think a 9x13 pan would have been perfect for half a recipe. But of course I couldn't find mine when I was ready to make these. So, my attempt at making these came out looking much like a science experiment that I barely passed. I baked the dough on half a cookie sheet, then worried that the topping was going to spill out the side... then I worried that the topping would get between the crust and the pan, which she warned against, so I ended up lining it all with foil and pushing a pan against the side. It was pretty ghetto.


The topping did end up spilling out a bit, but I still ended up with a great dessert, which I cut into medium sized squares. They were so good!!


Later I decided that even my medium sized squares were too big... it felt like a real commitment to eat one. So I cut them in half and tried dipping them in melted chocolate chips. That really did take them over the top! Even my sweets-disliking husband liked them better with the chocolate and has been snacking on them all week. I know my family will love them this weekend!


No comments: