Sunday, November 1, 2009

Linzer Cookies


I made the linzer cookies for company yesterday. Everyone enjoyed the cookies, what's not to like about 3 sticks of butter. I actually made the dough Friday evening, with the help of my 19 month old, and baked the cookies Saturday. He and I really enjoyed the dough which I didn't feel bad giving him since there aren't any eggs in it. I used the 2-3/4 inch cookie cutter with a 1 inch cutter for the center cut-out of the cookie. Using these sizes made really big cookies, and since you make a "cookie sandwich" with them you are actually eating 2 cookies in one, and with that much butter, a little smaller cookie would be better for everyone. It only made 14 cookies once they were assembled, so if you want to feed a crowd, these may not be the cookies to make.

2 comments:

Julia said...

ooh these are next on my list... I do need to find some decent sized cookie cutters, like you said, I'm thinking smaller would be better!

Morgan said...

I tried to make these, too and cut the center hole too small. As a result, the hole closed up when they baked...so just make sure you cut a large enough hole like Emily did...otherwise you will just end up w/regular shortbread! (which are equally delicious!)