Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Linzer Cookies

I've been wanting to make these forever, but then I ran across another recipe that had these cute shaped cookies so I made half a batch of each. Kind of a lot of work with all the cutting and spreading, so I guess that's the downside of smaller cookies. I actually didn't have the right cutter so I used the letter O from my big plastic set and cut the middle out of it. Both recipes were good, but Ina's was more buttery (of course). The cream cheese recipe was tangy and different so a little hard to compare. Plus the jam takes over so much of the flavor. I never got the fun shapes to work, you really needed the right kind of star cookie cutter that I didn't have.


I used both raspberry jam and apricot because I had them in the fridge; they came out pretty cute. Another one the family will enjoy!


No comments: