Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chocolate Buttercream Cupcakes

My mom was in town for her birthday...she wanted Ina's chocolate cake...I just didn't feel like all that butter..the frosting alone calls for 1 pound of butter! So, I halved the recipe and made mini cupcakes, and skipped her frosting. I made a quick chocolate glaze from chocolate chips, milk and powdered sugar...Ok, it had a little butter, but only a couple tablespoons.
The result?
YUM! Bite sized heavenly treats! Oh, and I didn't have buttermilk or sour cream, so I subbed in some of Ina's leftover orange yogurt that I had made the day before. It worked like a charm and left a nice orange flare to the cupcakes.

--Carissa

I have to show off my 2 year old...she LOVED licking the bowl!




3 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

sooo....for a HUGE chocolate lover that will sacrifice calories and fat in all other foods just to eat decatant chocolate to my heart's content....well, I did enjoy my 4 bites of these very tiny, mini choco birthday cakes that sweet Carissa made me! :)
Your Mom loves you anyway...(at least there was no guilt involved with chocolate this time!).

Carissa said...

Hey now... you could have eaten 5 of the mini cupcakes if you wanted a largeer portion of chocolate! Noone was stopping you. :)

Janice Johnson said...

I wanted to eat them ALL, but I was afraid all the little kiddos whould not like Grandmother anymore if I did!