Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Skillet Pasta Quattro Formaggi (page 146)

My husband is out of town on business so I made this dish last night, going into it fully knowing that this recipe is a girlie meal. Cheese + Carbs= a girlie meal. If I make this again when my husband is home I will add some grilled chicken.

I used ¼ tsp. of onion powder instead of shallots & it was an easy/cheap substitution. The recipe suggests, in step 2, to heat the sauce for 15-18 minutes for it to thicken, but I would suggest heating it a little bit longer. I would also suggest letting it sit again after you add the cheese so it isn’t too runny (maybe 5-7 minutes).

This dish is beyond delicious- I won’t even tell you how many times I went back for “seconds.” The gorgonzola adds a very bold flavor (not sure if it would be too bold for children or not) that is simply captivating for the taste buds.

No comments: