Monday, March 7, 2011

Pan-Roasted Glazed Pork Tenderloin (pgs.238, 239)

There are a few variations to the pan-roasted glazed pork tenderloin. I have made both the tenderloin with maple-mustard glaze (pg.238) and the tenderloin with chipotle-orange glaze (pg.239).

First, just the tenderloin itself is delicious! It is hard to believe that just seasoning it with only salt and pepper would still turn out a delicious tenderloin, but it does. And it is SO EASY to make! The only thing that I don't like is all the splattering of the vegetable oil, so make sure to use a splatter screen when you're browing the pork. The one thing I did that the recipe did not say to do was to turn the tenderloin every 6 minutes or so to prevent just one side from getting a dark crust/skin (if that makes any sense). If you do that, just make sure you are careful of the splattering oil as it still splatters a bit as it's cooking in the oven.

Now, onto the glazes. Wow, these could not be more easy! The first time I made it, we chose to do the maple-mustard glaze and it was SO GOOD! (but if you don't like mustard, you will obviously not like this one) It was pretty "mustard-y" but my husband and I both loved the flavor. We took the suggestion of heating it up a bit in the microwave and it was perfect!

The second time I made this, we tried the chipotle-orange glaze. This one was good but we definitely prefer the maple-mustard glaze. I think I put too much of the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce b/c it had quite a kick.

In summary - loved the tenderloin with maple-mustard glaze and will definitely make it again....probably won't be making the chipotle-orange glaze again.


(this picture is the chipotle-orange glaze)

No comments: