Friday, March 4, 2011

Easy Mashed Potatoes ~ page 239

These were good. I did lower the butter amount from 8 tablespoons to 5 tablespoons, and used milk instead of half and half, and I thought they tasted plenty rich enough. I even put my girls to work on peeling the potatoes...took them almost the whole 30 minutes to peel 5 potatoes! :) I used a ricer which I love using, but usually I'm making such a large batch of potatoes that it is too time consuming to use. But this was the perfect amount of potatoes for a ricer. The recipe says salt and pepper to taste, which I usually don't mind in a recipe when it needs a sprinkle of each, but potatoes kinda need alot, so I think they should have given an amount. I used 3/4 teaspoon and even sprinkled a little extra on top at the table. And I used 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. I will make these again, because they were fast and I didn't have to pull my mixer out, perfect amount for our little family. --Carissa


No comments: