Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fast Oven-BBQ Chicken (page 231) & 30-Minute Baked Potato (page 209)

Maybe I’m a cheater (or lazy), but I have always cooked baked potatoes in the microwave. I don’t usually put them in the oven afterwards, so it was a *treat* this time because the oven gave them a nice crispy edge (which I’m sure most of you non-lazy cooks are familiar with). I had the potatoes in the microwave while I was browning the chicken & just put them in the oven when I put the chicken in the oven. I think this was the perfect amount of time because I was using smaller potatoes. If you use larger potatoes you may need more time in the oven. These were great & definitely fast.

We also really enjoyed the chicken, especially the BBQ sauce (which I think I read someone else saying as well). The sauce had a nice strong kick (probably due in part to the fact that I totally forgot the maple syrup which would most-likely balance out the chili powder & cayenne pepper). I will definitely make this BBQ sauce again because we love the tangy flavor. This meal was a hit & only took 30 minutes for both recipes.

No comments: