Sunday, March 13, 2011

Asparagus, Ham, and Gruyère Frittata ~ page 8

I made this for a light dinner one night....the only change I made was to use cheddar instead of Gruyere. It was really good. My kids gobbled it up without realizing that they were eating asparagus!
I slightly overcooked mine...I also think next time I will rotate it while it is under the broiler to evenly brown the top. But mine still tasted great.
The changes I will make next time I make this are....to slice the asparagus thicker...my mom had a slice and she didn't even realize she was eating asparagus. The asparagus just looks like sliced green onions. I would do larger chunks of asparagus. Also, I would like a touch more cheese. Here I weighed the cheese to show you. They called for 3 oz. I used 4 oz and it still wasn't much. You will learn real fast that Cooks Illustrated LOVES to weigh all their ingredients, you might need to invest in a scale. Once you start weighing your food, you will be addicted like me and weigh everything! :) --Carissa


No comments: