Friday, March 19, 2010

Pizza Crust and Pie

After an incredibly long week, my husband and I broke down and ordered a pizza pie last Friday night. The hour and 45 minute wait for the pizza to arrive was a sign in itself for how the pie was going to taste. Needless to say, it was by far the worst pizza I had ever tasted. This week I turned to the PW with high hopes for a better pie; Mrs. Drummond did not disappoint! Last week I could have made an incredible tasting pizza and been gorging on it, in the time that it took for our pizza to arrive. It took no time at all to mix the dough for the PW's pizza crust. I came home from work, mixed the dough and sat it in the sun. I topped my pizza with marinara, pepperoni, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella (only 1 layer compared to the PW’s 2 layers), and some parmesan. This was a great pie, and we definitely won’t be ordering out pizza any time soon! I’m really glad that I only did one layer of the cheese; I can’t imagine how cheesy 2 layers would be!

No comments: