Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Artichoke Dip :)

My family usually does not order appetizers at restaurants, but if and when we do indulge, it's for the prize of spinach artichoke dip. YUMMY! So, I decided to try the PW's Hot Artichoke Dip one night when my parents were coming over to visit! I left out the cayenne pepper, black pepper and onions, since my little newborn gets a vote for everything I eat these days, and he's not too much on spices of any kind. However, I just had to add spinach to beef it up a little in color and for my personal taste. I used HEB's Select frozen spinach that you can steam in the bag in the microwave (Sandra Lee would be SO PROUD, I know!). I wanted to use my favorite dish to serve it in--my buttercream, ribbon-edged platter from Pottery Barn (thanks, mom!). Therefore, I had to add the tomatoes for asthetic color..buttercream and artichoke dip needed a pizzaz of red! Enough about the presentation, let's just say between my dad and Josh, we hardly had any left when my mom and I came home that evening! It was a hit. If you try it, you won't be disappointed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: