Monday, April 18, 2011

Simple Sauteed Chicken Breasts (pg. 191) with White Wine Sauce (pg. 196)

I've made these several times already, so obviously we like them!  They are exactly what the name says....simple!  I would recommend using thinner chicken breasts.  I used some pretty thick ones the first time I made these and it took longer than it says to cook.  Also, be careful not to over-salt these, especially if you are making the sauce b/c it also has salt in it (I made that mistake once).  I like that these are so versatile and can be served with many different kinds of sides.  I have served them with the creamy skillet penne w/mushrooms and asparagus (pg. 142), and it was a yummy meal.  This particular time, I wanted the simplest meal possible so I just made a Lipton rice packet.  Not exactly gourmet, but we needed a really quick meal!

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

Looks great Morgan! What kind of white wine did you use?