Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cowboy Calzone (with PW pizza crust)


These turned out really well, I thought, though we decided the pizza crust was too "wheat-y." I made the pizza crust with 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 whole-wheat flour, so they were thicker than regular pizza crust. I've never had success with homemade pizza crusts, so I was pleased that this worked out so well. Next time I think I would just follow her recipe and it would be perfect.

James says that PW uses a lot of ground beef. It was hearty, but I liked how filling and easy to make it was. I ran out of pizza dough before I ran out of filling, so I had to freeze a large portion of the meat and cheese mixture. I bet you could make a bunch of these ahead of time, freeze them, and then just cook the amount you needed.

No comments: