Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lamb Sausage Puff Pastry

For Christmas lunch this year, we did all appetizers and desserts instead of a big meal- it was a huge success! Plus, the women got to try out new recipes we wouldn't normally cook. This was the first appetizer I made. I couldn't find link lamb sausage anywhere, so I used ground lamb meat. I rolled out the puff pastry and cut it into 2" by 2" square pieces, put a dab of dijon mustard, and a teaspoon of cooked lamb meat. Lightly dabbed the edges with an egg wash and closed it into a pocket shape.

I thought it needed a sauce on the side so I mixed a couple teaspoons of dijon mustard with a bit of olive oil.

These were a hit! Everyone enjoyed them. Lamb has a different taste than ground hamburger meat or regular sausage, but very yummy!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

These are a cute little size. The previous posts showed them a pretty good size, which seamed like a mouthful. I like the bitesize option that you did. Sounds like a fun Christmas dinner idea with the appetizers!