Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easy Enchiladas ~ page 256

These were very yummy. One trick that they have you do is to add some refried beans to the filling mixture. This is to make it all stick together and make a neater enchilada. Usually you add alot of cheese to make it all stick together, but then once it cooks, all the cheese oozes out and you are left with a flat greasy enchilada. I really liked the refried bean idea, it worked for me. I don't know if I could have really had them on the table in 30 minutes. I prepped mine and assembled them ahead of time, and that alone too 30 minutes. The corn tortillas got a little too soft...I think if I had made them all at the last minute, they would not have gotten too soft...mine just sat in the sauce for 6 hours absorbing all the moisture. I didn't have canned sauce, so I made my own using their recipe. It was a great sauce. I'd make these again. --Carissa

2 comments:

Shannon Boyer said...

Sounds yummy!

Darby Hawley said...

how do these compare to PW's enchiladas?