Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Skillet Baked Ziti (page 140) and Bread Sticks (page 160)-

After Morgan’s post about the bread sticks I decided that I needed to find a pasta dish to make ASAP so I could have the bread sticks (it’s funny how my brain works sometimes). Though this pasta is one of the recipes featured in the skinny photograph section of our book, I don’t think my picture matches well. Looks aside, the taste was great. I used whole-wheat penne and Kraft Italian Cheese Blend instead of the parmesan. For the bread sticks, I had the same issue as Morgan with finding the recommended size. Taking note of Morgan’s suggestions though, I doubled the thickness of the dough (so I had fewer bread sticks) and really monitored them in the oven. I also used grated cheese, but agree that shredded parmesan would be better. Considering the taste, time to prepare, and having all of the ingredients on hand on a normal basis, I will probably make this again.

1 comment:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Mmm, I love baked ziti. Yours looks like it turned out great! YUM!