Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Simple Pan-Seared Pork Chops (page 208) and Worcestershire and Butter Sauce (page 196)

I try to buy whatever meat is on sale, and bone-in pork chops were on sale and I thought I would try the simple pan-seared recipe. Kirk thought the pork chops were really good on their own without the sauce, and I did too.

The sauce was okay. I was surprised it was just okay because I normally like worcestershire sauce, and who doesn't like butter? I just remember it being really salty. I'm guessing since the chops were seasoned with salt and pepper, and then I added a sauce that had salt and pepper plus chicken broth (I didn't use low-sodium like the recipe suggests), that all of that contributed to it. It makes sense to me now as I'm typing why they use low-sodium chicken broth and unsalted butter. Hindsight is 20/20!

No comments: