Sunday, May 15, 2011

Indian-Style Red Lentil Soup with Coconut ~ page 56

Adam and I both really like Indian food, so this was a recipe I have been wanting to make for quite a while! We both really like it, and would make it again. It was ready in under 30 minutes no problem. The 5 yr old and 3yr old did not like it, (they gave it 2 thumbs down and 2 big toes down!) ...but then again they are not crazy about any Indian food I make! On the other hand, the 9 month old baby LOVED it...go figure!
I buy alot of my Indian spices and food at that new place on I10 called Ranch Market 99, it is an Asian grocery store. That is where these lentils came from.
Aren't they such a pretty color? I just love that color...once they are cooked, they turn more of a mustard-like color, but still pretty. And check out the fiber content! 1/4 cup is 11 grams of fiber! Just eat a bowl of this soup ever other day and you will be regular in no time! :) --Carissa

No comments: