Monday, May 16, 2011

Quick Homemade Biscuits (page 116)

My hubby has had an exhausting semester juggling work and school, but when he got his report of all A’s it was time for a celebration dinner. I told him I would cook whatever he wanted and he requested a super southern meal (full of starches and carbs- thank goodness the end of the semester is only twice a year). I made Christy Jordan’s Southern Plate fried chicken with white gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, and these delicious biscuits. These truly were super simple and fast to make (and I had some serious doubts that I could make them in 30 minutes). I didn’t get the 8 biscuits that were expected, but I was ok with that since I would have eaten every single one. I will make these again, not only for dinner, but also for special breakfasts with white gravy and sausage. Yum-o!

No comments: