Friday, September 24, 2010

Sweet & Spicy Grilled Cheese Sandwich (p95)

This is one sophisticated grilled cheese sandwich. While I did like the idea of making this traditional sandwich a little more novel, I didn’t really like this specific twist. I didn’t feel like the caramelized onions & the pepper jack cheese were a good blend. Has anyone else tried this? In Martha Stewart Living (October) there is an article with a bunch of recipes for dressing-up the traditional grilled cheese. I think I will try merging some of those options with this one & see what I get.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I made this just as written but without the pepper jack cheese because I didn't have it and I thought it was really good, so try it with just cheddar and mozzarella. I especially liked the caramelized onions!