Saturday, September 18, 2010

Peppercorn Pork with Wine Sauce ~ page196

There isn't much to say about this recipe except that it was Perfect! It was so fast to cook, dinner was on the table in no time flat! She says to cook it 5 minutes a side, but I did 4 a side to make sure it was still slightly pink inside and it was fork tender. I actually used an instant read thermometer and took it out of the pan when it read about 135ish degrees (I know that sounds insanely raw, but trust me on this) Then I covered it with foil while I made the sauce...it continued to cook under the foil, and even more once I poured the hot sauce over the top. It really was perfect! If you haven't tried this recipe I encourage you to do so...go put pork tenderloin on your grocery list right now. One tip...my 5 year old gobbled this up, the 3 year old said it was too spicy, so maybe don't pepper the little kiddos' pieces as much as yours. On a scale of 1-10...my hubby gave it an 11!! Below are the little guys all peppered up ready for the pan. Morgan, you need to make this recipe for Rhett, it might win him over to the Ellie side, since he seemed to have his reservations about her! :) --Carissa

5 comments:

Janice Johnson said...

I have a frozen tenderloin set out of the freezer already!

Haylee said...

this is on the menu for tonight....can't wait!

Morgan said...

we already made this one and Rhett was not impressed. he's hard to please! :)

Janice Johnson said...

as in a "0"??

Carissa said...

I'll be so curious to hear what you guys think of it Haylee!