Friday, September 24, 2010

Salmon with Sweet & Spicy Rub (p227) & Tomatoes with Green Goddess Dressing (p123)

To wrap-up the summer I made the Salmon with Sweet & Spicy Rub & the Tomatoes with Green Goddess Dressing. For the salmon I baked it instead of grilling because my husband wasn’t home (I don’t grill without him close by; I’m too dangerous with a grill). I think baking it was fine, but I bet it would have been a million times better on the grill. Despite the name, we didn’t think it was all that spicy; next time I will probably add a lot more spice to it. Typically, I hesitate to cook fish because of the fishy taste & smell, but that wasn’t an issue with this dish. For the tomato salad I used spinach instead of romaine. Side bar- I think I must to have been the last person on earth to learn about Green Goddess salad dressing, but it was really good! I doubled the recipe for salads throughout the week and omitted the Tarragon. I think the recipe just called for way too much. This was an awesome summer meal; I wish I had made it sooner.

No comments: