Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Lemony Cream Cheese Frosting ~ page 285

Ellie's cupcakes were a big (healthy to boot!) hit at a little family birthday party for my 3-year old granddaughter, Evelyn. I made the cupcakes in a small muffin pan--not quite mini-muffins, but not full size either. That way kids could have 2 without it being more than their mommies wanting them to have. Ev wanted  princess cupcakes, so I stuck in little crowns and she was pleased...

These cupcakes are basically muffins. I ate the leftovers without the icing for breakfast. I actually think these even improved in the fridge after a couple days. They do last very well, which is unusual for a muffin. The icing made more than I needed...but it can be used on other things, so I didn't mind. I did add more powdered sugar than called for, because the icing was a little runny--especially for kids. Oh, and I used pecans instead of walnuts, because that is all I had. I think this is a great recipe for a healthy sweet for kids or adults. I will make these again. ~janice

No comments: