Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spicy Pulled Pork



My favorite recipe so far in this cookbook!

I had never purchased or cooked a pork shoulder and thought I should give this a try. Surprisingly inexpensive meat and really simple recipe! I wouldn't call it spicy but definitely flavorful.

I only needed to cook the roast 5 hours but it was a little under 5 pounds and I did not roast it uncovered for 20 minutes to get the skin crispy - it didn't really have a skin. As I shredded the pork I got rid of as much fat as possible and also removed the fat from the pan juices before pouring it back over the shredded meat. Served it with lime wedges and warm tortillas.

Everyone in the family loved it (which rarely happens) and I will be making this again and again. Makes a lot - so good for a large group or plenty of leftovers!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

I agree, I thought this was one of her better recipes in the book also! We made quasadillas with the leftovers and really liked it.