Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese

OK, let me confess, all the mac and cheese made around our house, is made by opening a box. :) But I decided to give this recipe a go and I am so glad that I did! The recipe was easy to follow and the only addition I made was adding some powered garlic. As mentioned in my previous posts, our family loves garlic. One small variation that I made from the recipe was I used cheddar cheese made with 2% milk. I have recently returned to Weight Watchers, so anywhere I can cut back on calories, I will try. I served the mac and cheese with a pork loin. All three of us liked the dish very much. The only thing I will do different next time is to wait and make this dish when our son is not in the kitchen with me. The steps that required the continuing wisking was not easy when you have a 16 month old pulling on your leg. :) All in all, it was a great side dish and we had plenty left over for the next night.

No comments: