Monday, April 12, 2010

Pizza Crust, Potato-Leek Pizza & Tomato-Basil Pizza

We LOVED this pizza crust!! I was a little nervous to tackle it (prior to making this crust, I had exactly one disastrous experience making a bread product involving yeast), but it was incredibly easy to make and it turned out delicious! We will definitely be making this again, and again, and again... :) Out of the two pizza recipes in the cookbook, my hubbie definitely preferred the tomato-basil pizza (he said that the potato-leek pizza tasted like a "baked potato with cheese" - not his bag when it comes to pizza, I guess!). If a baked potato pizza sounds good to you, though, be sure to slice your potatoes PAPER THIN, or you'll end up with a crunchy baked potato pizza. On the tomato-basil pizza, my only recommendation is to go light on the pesto - if you use too much, it can get a little oily. Otherwise, enjoy! This is a great pizza crust!

No comments: