Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Skillet-Braised Bratwurst and Sauerkraut (page 123)

We enjoyed this meal and I can see myself making this again during football season. The note recommended sauerkraut in the bags, but I couldn’t find that so I purchased the jars and it tasted just fine to me. I omitted the juniper berries because I refused to spend that much money on a small glass jar of berries. I served both the brats and the sauerkraut on a bun with yellow mustard and everyone was grinning ear-to-ear

2 comments:

Carissa said...

My goodness, you have been busy cooking a ton. This bratwurst dish sounds like something Adam would really like. I'm gonna bookmark it to make soon! If I didn't serve it on a bun, what sides do you think should go with it? --Carissa

Darby Hawley said...

Probably something green; it isn't the healthiest of meals so some green would be nice :-)