Wednesday, July 6, 2011

30-Minute Chicken Tangine (page 77)

Of course I chose to cook this recipe because it is on one of the picture pages. This meal smelled delicious; it took all my energy to wait until dinner to dive in. Just like the note says, the sauce is both sweet and savory. I forgot to include onion in mine, but will try to remember it next time. Like I’ve said before, I don’t like to microwave my chicken so I grilled mine before adding it to the sauce. I think grilling the chicken added a nice texture to the meal and didn’t take up too much more time. I served the chicken over couscous and we gobbled it up! My favorite part of the meal was the chick peas, yum-o!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Funny, how I feel like I have flipped through this cookbook a zillion times and then I see a new post like this one and it is a recipe I have never seen or heard of! That is what I like about this cooking blog...we all are drawn to what we want to cook, and it is different for each person. It helps me get out of my rut!

Darby Hawley said...

You're so right! This books has really helped me get out of my comfort zone to try new recipes and new ingredients. Such an educational experience both from culinary and personality perspectives :-)