Saturday, August 28, 2010

Watermelon, Lime, and Mint Granita ~ page 299

I have to admit....this wasn't my favorite recipe from Ellie. It wasn't bad, it was just different. I had several taste testers and half of them felt like me, and the other half really liked it. It was very refreshing, I'll give it credit for that. I mainly thought to make this because I had a watermelon that wasn't very sweet and I didn't want to waste it. So maybe that was my problem. I also think it was a bit too much mint for me. Maybe I just wanted it to take more like a snow cone...the lime cut the sweetness too much. I'd love to hear if anyone else has had a better experience with it. --Carissa

1 comment:

Janice Johnson said...

I ate some of this at Carissa's house, and I thought it was great--I agreed with less mint...but I thought it was fun and delicious and different. The flavors take you by surprise in a nice way that almost makes you laugh!