Monday, August 16, 2010

Garlic "Fries" ~ page 265


These fries are a winner, even though I didn't cook them quite right! I misread the oven temp, and did 350 instead of 450 degrees (should have worn my glasses!). They took a bit longer too cook, and weren't quite as crispy as I think they would have been if cooked right--however, they were not lacking on flavor at all!
The prep was interesting--warm the oil and minced garlic, then strain out the garlic and toss the shoestring potatoes with the oil (I used olive oil, though Ellie does not) and spread them on a baking sheet to bake. I had red potatoes on hand, so that is what I used. Later, the strained garlic and chopped parsley are tossed with the cooked fries. I served this with the Grilled Thai Beef Salad on page 107. You will want to give this a try!

No comments: