Friday, August 13, 2010

Peach French Toast Bake ~ page 35

This was quite yummy. I love that you make it the night before...works great for when you have overnight guests. Again I didn't do the egg white thing, so I just used 7 whole eggs instead of 4 eggs plus 4 egg whites. The only change I would make for next time is to add a little sugar to the milk and egg mixture. I like my french toast a little sweeter. I found I was using a little more syrup than I would normally use because it wasn't very sweet. I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar to make it even prettier. My kiddos gobbled this up! Below is how I spread my bread out. I might add a extra couple slices next time cuz my favorite part was when some of the bread edges poked up and got crispy and toasted...but that was just on a few pieces since they were all laying so flat in the pan. I'll definitely add this to my rotation of brunch food when I have guests spend the night! --Carissa

No comments: