Friday, July 30, 2010

Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs and Macaroni and Four Cheeses


I am not a big fan of dark meat but with this maple –mustard sauce on it I could become a fan. The sauce was super easy to make and like the cookbook said it had really big flavor! Instead of grainy French mustard, I used plain yellow mustard because I had it already. Even with using a different mustard it make a very nice “crust” on the chicken.
As a side dish I also made Macaroni and Four Cheeses. I had a hard time finding the frozen pureed winter squash so I went with plan B. I just bought yellow squash and make it into a puree. I found this dish good, but for me personally, I prefer more of a creamier macaroni and cheese. Instead of cooking this in one large dish, I decided to cook it in single serving bowls just for fun.
Over-all both dishes we like by all at my house and I know we will be making the maple mustard chicken dish again.

No comments: