Sunday, January 3, 2010

pecan and plain shortbread


While usually I half Ina's recipes, I doubled this recipe in order to only have to make one thing for three events I had in one week - a cookie exchange, a baby shower, and a brunch. It was a good thing, too, because I burnt the first dozen while I was cutting and setting up the next set of cookie sheets. I think maybe I rolled my cookies thinner than suggested, since the 20-25 minutes time was far too long. I cooked my next set for about 10 minutes and they were perfect.

I had fun cutting these with my Texas, heart and star shaped cookie cutters. I think when I split the dough up to add the pecans I didn't quite distribute the flour equally, so my pecan cookies were more buttery than my plain cookies. The plain ones held together better, though everyone liked the pecan ones better.

No comments: