Thursday, January 21, 2010

Banana Crunch Muffins

Considering that school started this week in our house, I wanted to make sure we had something quick to grab for breakfast as we were rushing out the door. I halved the recipe and got 10 muffins, which was the perfect number to get us through the week. I couldn’t find just plan granola at the grocery store and didn’t have time to make some, so I just bought a box of Nature Valley granola bars, and ground up one of the packages (2 bars/package). I ground the walnuts and granola pretty small for a subtle crunch. These muffins were simply the most scrumptious and fascinating, combination of moist and crunchy. I will definitely be making these again, and next time I might consider adding oatmeal or berries to the batter.
Banana Crunch Muffins, page 212

No comments: