Monday, November 15, 2010

Fettuccine Bolognese p. 163

Sorry no picture for this - I did take one but it got erased to make room for more football pictures! My husband didn't question why there were weird food pictures on the camera, he just erased them!

This recipe was easy and tasty although I would definitely make some changes for next time. Definitely liked all the vegetables in it!

First, not nearly enough tomatoes. I would double the amount of tomatoes used and also throw in a can of tomato sauce or paste or both!
Second, I don't think you can have a really good full flavored sauce without simmering it for at least an hour - Ellie calls for 5 minutes - so I simmered for an hour or so - I think it made it better but she's the expert, not me!

I used half and half instead of the evaporated milk just because I happened to have some - don't really think it matters what kind of milk because there is such a small amount.

Served with regular fettuccine because I didn't have the whole wheat on hand and my kids don't like the whole wheat.

Will make again but with more tomatoes!

No comments: